MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WMC) – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has indicted 9 persons, including previous Shelby County Assistant District Legal professional Glenda Adams, just after a calendar year-lengthy investigation
TBI states they began investigating the improper use of private information by anyone in the place of work in June 2020.
All over the investigation, TBI suggests Adams was a person of nine persons liable for an elaborate scheme to revenue from the use of confidential facts in Memphis police experiences.
- Glenda Adams is billed with bribery of a community servant, official misconduct and violation of a personal computer act above $10,000.
- Egypt Berry is billed with two counts of bribery of a community servant, formal misconduct and violation of a personal computer act about $10,000.
- Latausha Blair is billed with violation of a laptop or computer act over $10,000.
- Renatta Dillard is charged with violation of a laptop act in excess of $10,000.
- Roderick Harvey is charged with bribery of a general public servant and violation of a laptop or computer act over $10,000.
- Marcus Lewis is billed with bribery of a community servant
- Aaron Neglia charged bribery of a community servant and violation of a laptop or computer act more than $10,000.
- Martin Nolan is billed with bribery of a community servant, formal misconduct and violation of laptop act over $10,000
- Mustafa Sajid is billed with bribery of a general public servant
TBI suggests that there are a lot more indictments predicted in this ongoing scenario.
District Legal professional Amy Weirich produced a assertion Friday just after the indictments ended up introduced.
“When I initial acquired that one particular of our prosecutors may be engaged in conduct that was likely criminal, I asked the TBI to start an investigation and I recused this business. I terminated Ms. Adams in Oct. I am thankful to the TBI and Gen. Dunaway for the get the job done they have accomplished so significantly on this case. I am also grateful to these who brought this situation to the focus of legislation enforcement. Symbolizing the citizens of Shelby County is an unbelievable privilege and honor for all of us right here. I will not tolerate the abuse of that privilege and honor.”
Copyright 2021 WMC. All legal rights reserved.